Monday, October 19, 2009

A Note on Contemporary Artists

What to talk about? Unlike the majority of FlashB4NG'S members, technology and I don't mix. So stuff like that's out of question. One thing I do know is that teamwork sucks when everyone in the group wants to be control-hungry monsters. But this is no place to vent, no, this place is a sanctuary of works of art and... Other media that I should be caring about.

A friend of mine had brought over her assignments and articles while Lion and I were making shirts (SHE DIDN'T HELP! SHE ONLY STUFFED HER BRAIN WITH KNOWLEDGE!). She showed us an article about some man named Robert 'something-or-other', the name escapes me unfortunately. But it's something to note that contemporary artists certainly have a lot of high expectations on them in comparison to dead people's art who have immortalized them. She'd mentioned that they do get shadowed by such towering artists like Rembrandt or Blake.... At least I think those are artists and that's how it's spelled.

What's the point I've been so slowly bringing up? It's tough to when you're starting out, but in a sense that makes you independent, uninhibited, and fresh to the art. So if you're thinking of getting into it then immerse yourself in the art, take into consideration of any artist and try your best not to shun any sort of ideas. "Do unto others as-look, just treat them the way you want to be treated." That was probably the right quote.

Now that I think about it, it might be age that's getting me all weird and attempt to create a philosophy that obviously already exists. Hahahahaa jahahajhahahajahjahjhah, that's sad.

With that duly noted, it would be interesting to dare yourself to find an artist that's alive today that interests you, it just might change your life. Or give you slight gas.

Oh and sketch people, lots of different people in a place that's bustling with 'em! It's so much fun and it makes you feel like a stalker (At least the exciting side of being a stalker).

I'm OUTRO!!

2 Comments:

Blogger minidoza said...

Was that me? Lol. I don't remember a Robert... Chuck Close? Well it's not so much that they get shadowed? There are successful artists. I have long a list of a few that my teacher handed out lol.

There's just so many artists trying to succeed that you can become a speck of dirt in the pond. You know, lots of people say "I wanna be an artist!" Honestly I don't know too much about the contemporary art world > >; although I should.

Not only would it be interesting to find an artist alive today that interests you, it's probably the smart thing to do. You gotta know the world right now, yo! Sure, there's that stuff that you might feel isn't "real" art but there's a lot of creativity and innovation going on. Like Mr. L said, you have to keep an open mind. Keep an open mind for the artist's meaning and try to understand how they use certain lines, shape and forms to communicate. It's important to constantly expand your view on what art is in this world - I mean, always try to understand others.

There's nothing less significant or less special about contemporary art compared to the classics. It's just different. At least that's what I think now lol.

November 2, 2009 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger minidoza said...

Anyway, we would be considered contemporary artists =|

November 2, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home